Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bathroom Sink Butterfly







What a morning I've had! When I saw these butterfly charms on Etsy, I knew I had to have them to go with this butterfly pendant. I have the day off, and I finally got the charms in the mail, so I decided to make up the necklace.



The first thing that happened was that I got up to take a break, and stepped on one of my bead boxes. It flipped over, flew open, and thousands of tiny silver beads and crimps went all over the carpet. Of course I had to choose THAT box to step on.



Then I thought I had finished the necklace, but when I put it on and looked in the mirror, I decided it needed changes. Back to the jewelry design center. Back upstairs to the mirror. "Well, that butterfly charm in the front isn't laying right." I laid the necklace down on the bathroom sink, and the pendant pulled it INTO the sink. I had the drain plug out because it won't stay up. Down the drain the necklace goes, stopped only by the pendant. But when I went to pull it out, it was STUCK. A little tugging loosened some of it. More insistant tugging and I could feel something break on the necklace. Down on my knees to the cabinet under the sink. Out come all the bottles (well, at least I got my bathroom cabinet cleaned out of some stuff I didn't even know was there.) The only solution was to unscrew the pipe elbow. I turned one and it turned easily, thank goodness. Took the pipe apart, stood up, took the pendant off the necklace, and pulled the necklace back down thru the drain. Back to the design center to put the necklace back together.



I guess this is why I don't sell jewelry. NO ONE would believe what goes into it. This was about a 6 hour piece! Maybe Mercury is in retrograde????

No comments: