Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hand Carved Blocks


I have just discovered the joy of carving with linoleum blocks.  Well, that's not quite true.  Every year I make my own Christmas cards;  I've been doing it since I was a teen.  Many years back I used lino blocks to make the cards.  I wanted to try carving some of my own original designs for pendants and I tried rubber stamp blanks, and found it very hard to carve.  So I took myself to Dick Blick's and bought some lino blocks.  They are soft and easy to carve and so much fun to play with!  Here are some of the results.  These are raku fired.

2 comments:

Mary Harding said...

Those are super nice Sharleen. You are very good at carving. Love the raku colors.

Shaterra Clay said...

Thanks Mary. I love that I can carve the shape to match the pendant size exactly.