Monday, March 8, 2010

Paper Clay

I got my paper clay experiments out of the kiln. Even the firmer clay that I had mixed the pulp into, that kind of had chunks of paper in it, turned out good. It's amazing what a little paper mixed in did to the pieces. They really feel lighter. This is great for earrings, most people don't want heavy earrings. It's worth the little extra effort to mix the paper in. I'll be doing more.

I opened up the Sunday paper yesterday to find an article in the travel section about the Valley of Fire park. What a coincidence, since I had just blogged about it. The Indian drawings are petroglyphs, (not hieroglyphs, those are Egyptian) and were made by the Anasazis around 1150AD! There have been people in the park for around 4,000 years. The park is 42,000 acres and is Nevada's oldest state park. I would recommend the trip out to anyone visiting Vegas. Spring and fall are the best times to go, the winters can be cold and everyone knows about temps in the desert in summer.

AND, my pond has partially thawed, all my fish are doin' good! And the crocuses popped up yesterday, the daffodils have green shoots pushing up! Welcome spring!

No comments: